If you are dealing with tooth loss, find out what dental implants could offer you.
Looking to get a little information about dental implants? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Traditionally, dental bridges and dentures were used to replace missing teeth, but thanks to continuing advancements in dental technology, our Jackson Heights, NY, cosmetic dentists Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Haeyoon Yang also offer dental implants to help restore tooth loss in otherwise healthy adults. Here’s what makes dental implants a unique and advantageous way to replace missing teeth,
- They are made from a strong, durable material (e.g. titanium), so they are designed to last decades. This means you could have this artificial tooth for the rest of your life.
- They are easy to care for and don’t require special treatment. Just make sure you are maintaining good oral hygiene (brushing and flossing your teeth daily) and visiting your general dentist at his Jackson Heights, NY, practice twice a year for checkups.
- They can’t develop cavities because they are made from artificial material.
- They preserve the jawbone and prevent it from deteriorating (implants are artificial tooth roots, which stimulate the jawbone in the same way as real tooth roots).
- They support the muscles of the face and prevent sunken cheeks, sagging skin and other changes that can occur if missing teeth aren’t replaced.
- They fuse together with the jawbone and tissue, which also means that they will stay firmly in place.
- The implant is a permanent structure within the jawbone, so you never have to worry about removing them at night. They always stay put.
- They fill gaps in your smile and prevent the rest of your natural teeth from drifting into these open spaces, which can cause crowding and larger gaps between teeth.
- They fully restore chewing strength and speech, eliminating lisps and other speech impediments that may have developed as a result of missing teeth.
If dental implants sound like the restoration you’ve been looking for to restore your smile and improve your appearance then the next step is to turn to our general dentists here in Jackson Heights, NY, to find out if implants are right for you. To schedule a consultation, call Queens Professional Dental Care at (718) 898-8080.
It’s important that you are also doing your part to keep gums healthy, too.
How healthy are your gums? At first glance, you may think they are just fine. After all, they don’t seem to be giving you any issues, so everything must be fine, right? Well, not necessarily. Just as there are ways to keep teeth healthy and free from cavities there are things you can do aside from visiting our Jackson Heights, NY, family dentist Dr. Hassan Alamzad for routine checkups that can ensure that your gums stay in the best of shape.
Why is periodontal health so important?
Gum disease is a serious problem, affecting about half of the American adults in the US according to the CDC. Not only is gum disease the leading cause of tooth loss in adults it can also increase a person’s risk for heart disease, diabetes, respiratory disease and even dementia.
While we still do not know how gum disease and these serious systemic diseases are connected, it may have something to do with the presence of chronic inflammation. Either way, by keeping your gums healthy you could also improve your overall health, as well.
How can I keep my gums healthy?
Reducing gum inflammation and preventing gum disease is actually incredibly easy. Some of the best habits to adopt for healthy gums include,
- Brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing teeth daily, preferably before brushing your teeth at night
- Avoiding or quitting smoking
- Limiting alcohol consumption
- Visiting your Jackson Heights, NY, general dentist for routine cleanings twice a year
- Making sure you are eating a healthy, balanced diet
- Limiting snacking to reduce acid erosion and plaque buildup
What are the warning signs of gum disease?
So, that’s the tricky think about gum disease—you could have it and not even know it. That’s why visiting your Jackson Heights, NY, general dentist every six months for cleanings and checkups is so important (even if your gums seem to feel and look fine). Our dental team knows what to look for to be able to spot gum disease early on when it may even be reversible.
As gum disease progresses it may cause these symptoms,
- Bleeding gums when brushing or flossing (or even when eating)
- Swollen, red gums
- Receding gums
- Chronic halitosis (bad breath)
Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, is dedicated to providing you with a general dentist who can address all of your teeth and gum needs. If you are noticing changes in the shape, color or overall health of your gums give us a call today at (718) 898-8080.
Even the most diligent of teeth brushers and healthiest of eaters are likely to get a cavity in their lifetime. While oral hygiene is crucial for keeping your teeth healthy and attractive, decay can creep up due to damage, age, genetics or myriad other reasons.
Though having a cavity is never pleasant, at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, Dr. Hassan M. Alamzad offers tooth-colored fillings so your dental touch up is as inconspicuous as it is effective.
What is a filling?
A filling is a sealant for a cavity, used to prevent decay from spreading beyond the affected tooth. A filling ensures bacteria don't multiply and infiltrate your surrounding teeth and gums.
What is a filling made from?
At our Jackson Heights office, we offer tooth-colored fillings, made from composite. Composite fillings are a blend of plastic and glass and have the advantage of being easier to implement, requiring less drilling, and less conspicuous on your smile.
How is a filling placed?
Our Jackson Heights general dentist will remove the decayed portion of your tooth. The tooth will then be lightly abraded with an acidic solution so the filling can be cemented in place, making it secure and sturdy. Dr. Alamzad will make sure your filling is properly sized and fitted so you can bite and chew comfortably and there is no visible protrusion. You will be able to resume normal eating and drinking on the same day.
If you are in need of a filling, explore the options at our Jackson Heights office by calling 718-898-8080. Let our general dentist Dr. Hassan M. Alamzad help you decide if a tooth-colored filling is a good choice for you.
How dental implants from your dentist in Jackson Heights, NY, can give you a new smile
Losing teeth is easier than you think—dental decay, trauma, and periodontal disease are just some of the reasons that you could end up dealing with tooth loss. Fortunately, dental implant treatment can give you back a smile that is both fully-functional and aesthetically beautiful. Read on to learn how Dr. Hassan M. Alamzad of Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, can use implants to help treat your tooth loss.
More about Dental Implants
If you are thinking of living with an incomplete smile, don’t do it! Failing to have a full set of teeth can result in losing the ability to chew the foods you love, thus impacting your digestion and your health in general. Dental implants can restore your full chewing ability, helping you enjoy the foods you love once again.
Living without a full set of teeth can also impact your self-confidence and self-esteem. Fortunately, dental implants can restore your beautiful smile, your greatest asset.
When you choose dental implants to rebuild your smile, you will enjoy:
- Natural beauty, because the dental implant crown is made of materials that closely resemble tooth structure, and reflect light.
- Complete stability, because dental implants are firmly embedded and surrounded by bone, meaning they will never move around.
- Convenience, because you never remove dental implants; they are a permanent part of your smile.
- Great oral health, because you brush and floss dental implants just like natural teeth.
Dental implants are the most successful surgical implant, with a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Need Dental Work? Give Us a Call
If you are missing teeth, consider choosing to rebuild your smile with dental implants. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants and the implant process, call Dr. Hassan M. Alamzad of Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, today by dialing (718) 898-8080.
When it comes to dental procedures, two of the most common goals are to protect a tooth after it’s damaged and to replace missing teeth. Crowns and bridges address both of those issues. Find out why crowns and bridges are important and see Dr. Hassan M. Alamzad at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY to have one of these treatments administered.
About Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and bridges are dental devices that look and function similar to the structures they’re named for. Like a crown that goes on someone’s head, a dental crown has a perfect fit over the top of a tooth. Like a bridge on the highway, a dental bridge connects two teeth and fills the space in between. Crowns and bridges are related because a dental bridge requires the installation of two crowns. With good dental hygiene and maintenance, these devices can cover, protect, and enhance your smile for up to a decade.
Why Crowns and Bridges Are Important
Living with a missing or damaged tooth can be extremely distressing, especially when you attempt to do everyday things. For instance. eating your favorite foods becomes a problem when you can’t chew on one side of your mouth due to a missing or weak tooth. When you start to hide your teeth around others or in pictures, that could have a major effect on your self-esteem and confidence in the short and long term. Weigh the benefits of crowns and bridges while also knowing that this dental procedure is often very simple and painless.
Do You Need a Crown or Bridge?
To determine if you need a crown or bridge, your Jackson Heights, NY dentist will first check your dental X-rays to see how healthy your natural teeth are. If you generally have good dental and gum health, it’s likely that you’ll be a good candidate for crowns and bridges. You don’t have to struggle with the inconveniences of smile gaps and unattractive teeth that change the entire look of your smile—discuss crowns and bridges at your next dentist appointment.
Get Advice from Your Dentist
Crowns and bridges have helped countless patients shore up and restore their smiles after tooth damage or loss. Call (718) 898-8080 today to schedule a visit with Dr. H. Alamzad at his dentist office in Jackson Heights, NY.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.