Totally safe and best of all, it works--that's professional teeth whitening and bleaching from Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY. Your family dentists, Dr. Alamzad and Dr. Yang, fully vet their cosmetic dentistry patients before performing this popular aesthetic treatment. Relax, and expect a dazzling smile!
They are stubborn and disappointing. Dingy, dull, yellow discolorations from coffee, cigarettes and darkly-colored foods make you feel older and less confident in social and professional situations.
Fortunately, teeth whitening and bleaching is today's most successful and popular aesthetic dental treatment, reports the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And, at our Jackson Heights, NY, office you can choose from quick, in-office whitening or a handy take-home version. Both whitening options improve tooth color by up to eight shades of color.
Brightening your smile
See Dr. Alamzad or Dr. Yang at our Jackson Heights office. Your dentist will look over your medical history and examine your teeth and gums to make sure your mouth is healthy (no active gum disease or tooth decay). Then, you can proceed with your whitening treatment.
In the office, you'll have your renewed smile in just about an hour. A powerful hydrogen peroxide gel seeps into your tooth enamel and literally lifts out staining organic matter. Your dentist just rinses it away.
If you choose the home version, you'll apply the gel with custom-made whitening trays. Wear them for a specific amount of time daily for about a week, and get the same wonderful results.
Smile with confidence
Keep the shine on your renewed smile with some simple care strategies such as:
- Protecting your mouth with a bite guard for teeth clenching or a mouth guard if you play a sport such as soccer (oral trauma can cause dental discolorations)
- Drinking your cola, tea, coffee or sports drink with a straw
- Rinsing or brushing after consuming darkly-pigmented foods, such as blackberries or curry
- Stopping all tobacco--both smokeless tobacco and cigarettes
- Drinking a lot of water throughout your day (water increases saliva production and washes off your tooth enamel)
- Brushing two times a day for a full two minutes as the American Dental Association recommends
- Flossing once daily to remove the plaque which can hold onto stains
- Seeing your dentist twice a year for a cleaning and check-up
Find out more
Our teeth whitening and bleaching services may be the confidence-booster you need. Why not call Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, for a whitening consultation with Dr. Yang or Dr. Alamzad? You'll be very glad you did. Phone our office team at (718) 898-8080.
"Close to 53,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral or oropharyngeal cancer this year. It will cause over 9,750 deaths, killing roughly 1 person per hour," according to the Oral Cancer Foundation. Drs. Alamzad and Yang of Jackson Heights, NY, are general dentists that provide cancer screenings to help prevent and/or diagnose patients.
More About Oral Cancer
People overlook oral cancer but it's more common than you may think. It is, however, easier to diagnose and start treating at earlier stages. Early detection increases survival rates by 80% or more, so testing saves lives.
So what is this test? A dental examination. That's right. It's that simple.
An oral cancer examination is fast and painless. Your Jackson Heights dentist observes any small changes in the mouth, lips, and tongue during this screening, which is primarily a visual and tactile examination. If your general dentist finds abnormalities, he/she retrieve a sample for further laboratory testing.
Who's at risk for oral cancer?
Contrary to what many think, oral cancer doesn't affect older people. Most people are above 40 but younger people are the fastest-growing segment of oral cancer patients because of the spread of sexually-transmitted Human Papilloma Virus.
Other risk factors include:
- Age (middle-aged or older)
- Long-time tobacco user
- Chronic exposure to the sun, which may result in skin cancer, like your lips
- Genetic factors
How to detect oral cancer early on?
- A thorough screening for oral cancer during your routine dental checkup every six months.
- A special light or dye to check suspect areas.
- A biopsy of abnormal tissue, like red or white patches or unusual sores.
Do you need to speak to a dentist?
Early diagnosis by way of screenings during regular dental checkups is one of the best defenses against oral cancer. To learn more about oral cancer and what your general dentist can do for you, call Drs. Alamzad or Yang of Jackson Heights, NY, at (718) 898-8080. Queens Professional Dental Care is here for you.
Do you envy people with bright, sparkling smiles? Well, envy isn't healthy, and it's unnecessary. You too can have beautiful teeth with cosmetic dentistry treatments from Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY. Dr. Alamzad and Dr. Yang create the stunning looks their patients so desire. Why don't you learn more?
Tooth size, shape, color, position
These elements combine for a total smile appearance. If even one element is off, your appearance and confidence change. Have problems with more than one, and you stop smiling altogether. People notice that, and your self-image and interpersonal relationships change.
Come in for a consultation
At Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, we offer the cosmetic dentistry options that remake small flaws, remove stains, or makeover your total look. Before we begin your transformation, let's talk about your aesthetic goals. Tell Dr. Alamzad or Dr. Yang what bothers you about your smile and how you wish it to change.
For instance, is that gap between two top teeth embarrassing? Have you stopped smoking, but the tobacco stains remain? Or, have you lost a tooth or two and are tired of your old, cumbersome partial?
Your cosmetic dentist will check the health of your mouth. He will take X-rays and photos, and then, give you sensible ideas about smile improvement.
Jackson Heights cosmetic dentistry
- Professional teeth whitening performed right in the dental chair in about an hour. You'll leave with a healthy smile which is up to ten shades brighter.
- Porcelain crowns, custom-made to cover fractured, decayed, or abscessed teeth with high-grade, tooth-shaped ceramic. Crowns restore dental implants and complete root canal treatments, too.
- Porcelain veneers and Lumineers, thin shells of premium ceramic which disguise flaws such as gaps, cracks, and chips. Lumineers require no enamel resurfacing and are fully reversible.
- Composite resin bonding, a simple repair of small dental imperfections using a tooth-colored putty. Your dentist adds it to your tooth in thin layers, curing each with UV light for a realistic finish.
- Contouring, gentle buffing, and sanding of tooth edge to even size and shape.
- White fillings, made of composite resin, porcelain, or glass ionomer. These materials repair cavities seamlessly and last for years.
- Dental implants, complete and lifelike tooth replacements which improve your smile strength and appearance.
Enjoy your smile
You can have the wonderful smile you've always wanted. Phone for a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Alamzad or Dr. Yang at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY. You will love the results, and people will notice. Call us at (718) 898-8080.
If you are dealing with tooth loss, find out what dental implants could offer you.
Looking to get a little information about dental implants? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Traditionally, dental bridges and dentures were used to replace missing teeth, but thanks to continuing advancements in dental technology, our Jackson Heights, NY, cosmetic dentists Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Haeyoon Yang also offer dental implants to help restore tooth loss in otherwise healthy adults. Here’s what makes dental implants a unique and advantageous way to replace missing teeth,
- They are made from a strong, durable material (e.g. titanium), so they are designed to last decades. This means you could have this artificial tooth for the rest of your life.
- They are easy to care for and don’t require special treatment. Just make sure you are maintaining good oral hygiene (brushing and flossing your teeth daily) and visiting your general dentist at his Jackson Heights, NY, practice twice a year for checkups.
- They can’t develop cavities because they are made from artificial material.
- They preserve the jawbone and prevent it from deteriorating (implants are artificial tooth roots, which stimulate the jawbone in the same way as real tooth roots).
- They support the muscles of the face and prevent sunken cheeks, sagging skin and other changes that can occur if missing teeth aren’t replaced.
- They fuse together with the jawbone and tissue, which also means that they will stay firmly in place.
- The implant is a permanent structure within the jawbone, so you never have to worry about removing them at night. They always stay put.
- They fill gaps in your smile and prevent the rest of your natural teeth from drifting into these open spaces, which can cause crowding and larger gaps between teeth.
- They fully restore chewing strength and speech, eliminating lisps and other speech impediments that may have developed as a result of missing teeth.
If dental implants sound like the restoration you’ve been looking for to restore your smile and improve your appearance then the next step is to turn to our general dentists here in Jackson Heights, NY, to find out if implants are right for you. To schedule a consultation, call Queens Professional Dental Care at (718) 898-8080.
It’s important that you are also doing your part to keep gums healthy, too.
How healthy are your gums? At first glance, you may think they are just fine. After all, they don’t seem to be giving you any issues, so everything must be fine, right? Well, not necessarily. Just as there are ways to keep teeth healthy and free from cavities there are things you can do aside from visiting our Jackson Heights, NY, family dentist Dr. Hassan Alamzad for routine checkups that can ensure that your gums stay in the best of shape.
Why is periodontal health so important?
Gum disease is a serious problem, affecting about half of the American adults in the US according to the CDC. Not only is gum disease the leading cause of tooth loss in adults it can also increase a person’s risk for heart disease, diabetes, respiratory disease and even dementia.
While we still do not know how gum disease and these serious systemic diseases are connected, it may have something to do with the presence of chronic inflammation. Either way, by keeping your gums healthy you could also improve your overall health, as well.
How can I keep my gums healthy?
Reducing gum inflammation and preventing gum disease is actually incredibly easy. Some of the best habits to adopt for healthy gums include,
- Brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing teeth daily, preferably before brushing your teeth at night
- Avoiding or quitting smoking
- Limiting alcohol consumption
- Visiting your Jackson Heights, NY, general dentist for routine cleanings twice a year
- Making sure you are eating a healthy, balanced diet
- Limiting snacking to reduce acid erosion and plaque buildup
What are the warning signs of gum disease?
So, that’s the tricky think about gum disease—you could have it and not even know it. That’s why visiting your Jackson Heights, NY, general dentist every six months for cleanings and checkups is so important (even if your gums seem to feel and look fine). Our dental team knows what to look for to be able to spot gum disease early on when it may even be reversible.
As gum disease progresses it may cause these symptoms,
- Bleeding gums when brushing or flossing (or even when eating)
- Swollen, red gums
- Receding gums
- Chronic halitosis (bad breath)
Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, is dedicated to providing you with a general dentist who can address all of your teeth and gum needs. If you are noticing changes in the shape, color or overall health of your gums give us a call today at (718) 898-8080.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.