Posts for: July, 2018
Your coffee habit has stained your teeth, and you want to do something about it. You've tried whitening toothpastes, but to no avail. For outstanding whitening results, consult the team at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights. Their teeth whitening and bleaching treatments create Hollywood-bright smiles with no dental or gum sensitivity.
Dark, discolored teeth
How do they happen? Well, time can happen, as simple wear and tear thin tooth enamel, exposing the yellow dentin underneath. Injury can occur, creating fine cracks which hold plaque and tartar and change tooth color. Also, if you don't brush twice a day and floss daily as the American Dental Association advocates, your teeth will simply look dull and yellow.
Finally, what we consume stains enamel. Dark drinks, such as coffee and cola, and dark foods, such as curry and berries of various kinds, produce unsightly discolorations. Smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco change teeth from white to brown.
The advantages of professional whitening
There are four major advantages to teeth whitening and bleaching at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights:
- The process is safe. Dr. Alamzad or Dr. Matsui will examine your mouth before your whitening treatment. You should be free of decay and active gum disease. Also, because your dentist supervises your treatment, you know the bleaching product is of the highest quality, and the application is done correctly.
- The whitening gel is highly concentrated. The key ingredient is powerful hydrogen peroxide, a natural substance which literally lifts staining organic substances out of the calcified matrix known as tooth enamel. Teeth brighten by up to eight full shades of color and stay white indefinitely with good at-home hygiene and in-office care.
- You have your choice of in-office whitening (which produces fabulous results in about an hour) or at-home whitening. At-home whitening takes about a week of gel application via custom-made trays.
- You can get whitening touch-ups if needed.
Keeping a white smile
Once you've achieved your bright smile, keep it that way with:
- Diligent at-home hygiene and six-month cleanings at Queens Professional Dental Care
- Limiting staining dietary choices
- Drinking several glasses of water a day
- Stopping all tobacco usage
Find out if whitening is right for you
At Queens Professional Dental Care, your highly skilled team will tell you if teeth whitening and bleaching will help your teeth look their best. Check out the other cosmetic treatments they offer as well. We know you'll just love your striking new smile. Call our office today in Jackson Heights, NY, (718) 898-8080.