Your coffee habit has stained your teeth, and you want to do something about it. You've tried whitening toothpastes, but to no avail. For outstanding whitening results, consult the team at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights. Their teeth whitening and bleaching treatments create Hollywood-bright smiles with no dental or gum sensitivity.
Dark, discolored teeth
How do they happen? Well, time can happen, as simple wear and tear thin tooth enamel, exposing the yellow dentin underneath. Injury can occur, creating fine cracks which hold plaque and tartar and change tooth color. Also, if you don't brush twice a day and floss daily as the American Dental Association advocates, your teeth will simply look dull and yellow.
Finally, what we consume stains enamel. Dark drinks, such as coffee and cola, and dark foods, such as curry and berries of various kinds, produce unsightly discolorations. Smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco change teeth from white to brown.
The advantages of professional whitening
There are four major advantages to teeth whitening and bleaching at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights:
- The process is safe. Dr. Alamzad or Dr. Matsui will examine your mouth before your whitening treatment. You should be free of decay and active gum disease. Also, because your dentist supervises your treatment, you know the bleaching product is of the highest quality, and the application is done correctly.
- The whitening gel is highly concentrated. The key ingredient is powerful hydrogen peroxide, a natural substance which literally lifts staining organic substances out of the calcified matrix known as tooth enamel. Teeth brighten by up to eight full shades of color and stay white indefinitely with good at-home hygiene and in-office care.
- You have your choice of in-office whitening (which produces fabulous results in about an hour) or at-home whitening. At-home whitening takes about a week of gel application via custom-made trays.
- You can get whitening touch-ups if needed.
Keeping a white smile
Once you've achieved your bright smile, keep it that way with:
- Diligent at-home hygiene and six-month cleanings at Queens Professional Dental Care
- Limiting staining dietary choices
- Drinking several glasses of water a day
- Stopping all tobacco usage
Find out if whitening is right for you
At Queens Professional Dental Care, your highly skilled team will tell you if teeth whitening and bleaching will help your teeth look their best. Check out the other cosmetic treatments they offer as well. We know you'll just love your striking new smile. Call our office today in Jackson Heights, NY, (718) 898-8080.
Giving your smile the proper care now can protect it for the future.
Did you know that everything you do for your smile, day in and day out is considered preventive care? Preventive dentistry is extremely important if you and your family want to maintain healthy, problem-free smiles for the long run. Our Jackson Height, NY, family dentists Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui provide preventive dentistry services so you can ensure that you are giving your smile exactly what it needs.
Check it Out!
Routine dental checkups aren’t just a suggestion but something everyone needs to do every six months. And if you are someone who is at a high risk for dental problems, you may need to come in more often.
Visiting your Jackson Heights, NY, dentist for preventive care allows us to not just provide your teeth and gums with the thorough cleaning they need to remove plaque and tartar buildup but we can also detect problems early on when they are much simpler to treat and we can provide you with treatments you need to get your oral health back on track.
Keep it Clean
Your at-home oral care routine is extremely important to the health of your teeth and gums. If you aren’t good about brushing and flossing, or your technique isn’t the best, then you may find yourself dealing with cavities and gum disease down the road.
The good news is that cavities and gum disease are preventable with the proper care. This means that it’s up to you to brush your teeth twice a day (in the morning and again at night) and floss once a day. Make sure that you are brushing for at least a solid 2 minutes each time you brush (don’t forget to set a timer!).
What you eat also plays a key role in your oral health. It’s important that your mouth is getting the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Furthermore, certain things like sugar, starches, sodas, sports drinks and alcohol can greatly increase your chances for cavities. By avoiding these foods and drinks and enjoying a diet rich in lean protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and dairy, you can nurture a strong, healthy smile.
Need to schedule a dental cleaning? Want to chat about your cosmetic dentistry options? Whatever the case might be, the dental team here at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Height, NY, is ready to help. Call us today!
Have you been wondering if dental implants are a good option to restore your missing teeth? Our Jackson Heights, NY, dentists, Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui, explain how implants can improve your smile.
Dental implants rebuild the entire tooth
Dental implants provide an excellent solution to tooth loss, no matter how large the gap in your smile. Titanium implants bond to your jawbone, becoming a permanent part of your jaw. Although root replacement is the most crucial part of the implant process, a root alone won't help you chew or fill the gap in your smile.
Implants are topped with dental crowns, porcelain or ceramic restorations that look exactly like natural teeth. Crowns are firmly attached to implants with abutments, small screws that hold the crowns in place. Because your new tooth is securely anchored to your jaw and performs as a single unit, you'll never experience gum irritation or slipping, even when you bite into hard foods.
Implants offer valuable benefits
Are you still not sure if dental implants are the best choice for you? Consider these benefits:
- Lower Costs: Dentures and bridges must be replaced every 10 to 15 years, while your implants will probably never have to be replaced if you care for them properly. (You will need to replace the crown attached to the implant periodically.) If you compare lifetime costs, you may just discover that dental implants offer the least expensive solution.
- No Resorption: Without stimulation from tooth roots, jaw resorption, or shrinkage, can become a serious problem. Resorption weakens your jawbone and may lead to facial sagging and the loss of additional teeth. Dental implants press on your jawbone, providing constant stimulation needed to prevent resorption.
- Versatility: No other restoration method can replace an unlimited number of teeth. Dental implants, a good option if you've lost one tooth, become an even better choice if you've lost all of your teeth. Removable implant-supported dentures can be attached using as few as two implants, while fixed dentures only require four implants per arch.
- Better Biting: Loss of biting power is a common complaint among Jackson Heights residents who wear removable dentures. Because the dentures only rest against your gums, it's impossible to chew a raw carrot or even enjoy an ear of corn on the cob. Dental implants don't decrease your biting power. In fact, you can eat anything you want, thanks to your implants.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call our Jackson Heights, NY, dentists, Dr. Alamzad and Dr. Matsui, at (718) 898-8080 to schedule your appointment.
Understand the benefits of choosing a family dentist in Jackson Heights.
Your family’s oral health should be one of the top priorities. After all, decay and gum disease are two common problems that can easily be prevented with the proper oral care regimen. If you are currently searching for a family dentist in Jackson Heights, NY, like our very own Dr. H. Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui, then it’s time to find out why a family dentist is a major boon to your health.
You want a doctor that every member of your family trusts to provide you with quality and thorough care. We know how important it is to place you and your family’s health in our hands, and we want you to know that we take this seriously. Here at Queens Professional Dental Care we pride ourselves on providing individualized, tailored treatments and care to meet each person’s specific needs.
After all, children, teens, adults and older adults all have varying dental needs. It would be silly not to acknowledge this and yet this is something that only a dentist who has specialized in family dentistry will know and be able to provide.
Does your child need braces? Do you need to get a dental filling? Is your partner interested in teeth whitening? Does a parent need dentures or dental implants to replace missing teeth? Then bring in the whole family, where we provide all of these services and more in one convenient location to save you time.
Plus, from the very moment that you step into our office we take a point of getting to know everyone in your family. We sit down with you and learn specific habits, lifestyles, diets, activities and medical histories so that every time a member of your family comes into the office we already know what treatments will and won’t work. This means safe, reliable dentistry that you can always trust whenever you walk through our doors.
Are you ready to schedule dental cleanings for the whole family? Then you’ve come to the right place. Call Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, today. We are happy to work with your busy schedule.
Discover the many measures you can take daily to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Your oral health should be just as important to you as your general health. After all, making sure that your teeth and gums are healthy and problem-free can also go a long way to maintaining good general health, as well. Our Jackson Heights, NY, family dentists Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui are here to provide you with some easy but helpful tips on preserving your oral health for the long run.
You should be brushing your teeth twice a day; however, brushing your teeth won’t do any good if you aren’t doing it right. Opt for a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste (which will help fight cavities) and brush once in the morning and again at night. When you brush may sure to brush all surfaces of your teeth as well as your tongue. Set a timer for at least two minutes and make sure you are brushing the entire time.
Remember the Importance of Flossing
Flossing is an often forgotten habit but one that you shouldn’t forget about if you want to prevent decay. While brushing your teeth is a great way to clean the front and back surfaces of your teeth, your toothbrush won’t be able to get into those tight spaces between teeth. To thoroughly remove plaque and food from between teeth it’s important that you floss your teeth at least once a day (preferably before bedtime).
Maintain a Smile-Friendly Diet
What you eat day in and day out can make or break your smile. If you are someone who consumes a lot of sodas, sports drinks, sugar treats and starches then you are leaving your mouth prone to decay and gum disease. If you want our Jackson Heights, NY, dentist to give you a clean bill of health at your next dental cleaning then it’s important that you avoid sugar and other refined carbs (e.g. white bread) and eat more vegetables, fruits, lean proteins and whole grains.
Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, is dedicated to providing you with the quality, individualized dental care you’ve been looking for. Call our office today to schedule your routine cleaning or to talk to us about the other options we offer to giving you the smile you want.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.